Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is being developed by Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment to be used by the Department of Defense contractors.
As stated on their web site, “The Department of Defense is planning to migrate to the new CMMC framework in order to assess and enhance the cybersecurity posture of the Defense Industrial Base (DIB). The CMMC is intended to serve as a verification mechanism to ensure appropriate levels of cybersecurity practices and processes are in place to ensure basic cyber hygiene as well as protect controlled unclassified information (CUI) that resides on the Department’s industry partners’ networks.”
What are CMMC objectives?
Specifics on CMMC:
On January 31st, the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment published CMMC 1.0 which discusses maturity scoring based on processes and practices regarding cyber. It looks at how mature an organization is for both processes and what level they are implemented/practices in place.
What does CMMC mean to DoD contractors and sub contractors?
If you do business with the DoD you want to get ready for a CMMC audit now. Per the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment
“All companies conducting business with the DoD must be certified. The level of certification required will depend upon the amount of CUI a company handles or processes.”
CyberCompass® software can help DOD contractors and subcontractors understand their CMMC maturity level and get you audit-ready. It is affordable. With its built-in expertise, it does most of the heavy lifting with the analysis and compliance documentation to streamline CMMC compliance so when you need to get certified it can go quickly and smoothly.
It is cloud-based, so it can be accessed anywhere with no software download. You don’t have to be a privacy or cybersecurity expert to use CyberCompass®.
Our automation can save your firm over 400 hours in twelve months on becoming and staying compliant.
- Answer one set of simple yes/no questions that meets CMMC regulations
- Flexibility to start and stop – CyberCompass® saves your progress
- Compliance gap report to gain visibility into your non-compliance and top priorities
- Built in step-by-step guide to fix issues and get compliant quickly
- CyberCompass® online vault to save your “body of evidence” in one place
- Manage your third party/vendor compliance to track their compliance. Use our pre-built agreement templates to make record keeping easier.
- Monitor your compliance for 12 months with dashboards and reporting.
- Utilize our built-in employees cyber awareness training which is required by CMMC. CyberCompass® allows to you schedule and track employee competency.